Our First Newsletter! Keeping In Touch Monthly
We are looking for opportunities to highlight our experiences with others via case studies.
Would you like to help?
We’ll make sure to get exposure for your company through the promotion of these case studies (and you’ll get links too!).
Please call Andy at (781) 209-1989 or e-mail him if you would like to participate.
Derek was the featured speaker at Business Wire’s recent event, Linking SEO to Press Releases. There were over 100 people in attendance, and Derek was fanatastic! You can read a review here.
Derek recently attended the SEOMoz Pro Training Series Expert Seminar.
Andy is a founding member the Boston regional group for SEMPO. Boston SEMPO‘s first event was on Sep 24 at Bentley College’s Center for Marketing Technology. The panel discussion was lively and was centered around the theme of “No More Silos: Search and Marketing Must Sit at the Same Table“.
KoMarketing & SEMPO teamed up to provide an SEO & PPC training seminar at Bentley College on March 28, 2008. (old news, but worth mentioning that our trade association felt we were the right firm to pilot the live training!)
I’ve been meaning to produce a monthly newsletter for clients, partners, & friends-of-the-firm for quite some time. The good news is that we have been plenty busy and that is why I have finally pulled this together.
Thank you all for helping us grow!
January 2009 will mark our 5th anniversary, and I am very excited about this. We have a great team of professionals here to help our clients achieve their goals. Derek, Casie, Joe, and Bill all bring something special to the table, and their dedication to KoMarketing and our clients shows every day.
The goal of this newsletter is to keep everyone informed about what we are up to, what we are planning, and provide insights into what we see happening in the world of search marketing, social media marketing, and corporate blogging.
The newsletter is distributed to a select few. This is not something that the general public can subscribe to. However, feel free to share this with others that you think will find the information valuable.
I’d like to be able to use this newsletter as a place to share valuable information with you about success stories we have had with clients. If you would like to have something highlighted in this newsletter, please give me a call!
For example, here are some (anonymous) highlights:
- Stumbleupon became the 5th largest source of referral traffic for a client! On top of that, the bounce rate shows that the visitors are engaged once they arrive at the site. And, people linked to the site as a result of finding it!
- We started a contest promotion for a client, with the goal of building links and driving referral traffic to the site. The first 2 contests generated a total of 33 new links! Now the contest process is in place on an on-going basis and will continue to be a link-building engine for the client.
- Over the past 90 days product uploads to Google Base have generated over 44,000 visits to a client’s site. These visits represent highly-qualified traffic because they prospects were looking for very specific products on Google Shopping/Product Search.
- A client in the industrial equipment space saw a 270% increase in organic search engine traffic over the past 12 months. Organic search now accounts for 13% of all viable leads generated online, and 18% of quoted projects. Combined SEO & PPC accounts for 51% of all viable Web leads.
- For one client, testing ad copy in one PPC campaign in the last 2 weeks led to a 26% increase in Conversion Rate and a 23% decrease on Cost Per Conversion. Similar improvements are now being rolled out to other campaigns for this client.
- Active PPC management for a technology service provider produced the following changes year-over-year – 49% reduction in Average Cost Per Click, 42% reduction on Cost Per Lead, and a 38% increase in the number of leads generated.
There are many, many additional success stories. All of our clients benefit from these successes, as we continue to learn, improve, and leverage our experience to each of your individual efforts.
I look forward to connecting with each of you individually over the coming days, weeks, and months.
Best Wishes to You,